Saturday 7 February 2009

Major Project

I would like to create motion in my final pieces, whether it's with an animation program or me physically moving it! I've almost decided upon the five stories I will be looking at:
  • Great Expectations
  • Husha-bye Mountain (from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • Ozma of Oz/ The Land Of Oz
The last one will be out of Oliver Twist, One of the Grimm Fairy Tales or An Inspector Calls. I like the idea of doing Oliver Twist as there is a lot of darker things happening in the book, such as Fagin being hanged and An Inspector Calls will also have a lot of darker Imagery.

I know I've included a lot of videos in my blog at the moment but there what seem to be the my main inspiration. The one I include now is a scene from the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and im showing it because I would like to re create how I felt as a child watching this scene in my final exhibitiion. Also, the simple motion of a doll on a music box is beautiful, and I would like to use the same device in my final pieces. If I make a whole scene out of paper i could have elements of it moving, like a doll on a music box.

No comments: